I’ve managed to teach in many different fields from Cross Cultural Communication, writing metric collection tools for software engineers, introduction to programming, Advanced C programming, Object Oriented Design and Spatial Computations.
My current teaching areas are:
- Spatial Computations 100 – an introduction to Python programming specifically aimed into the area of Spatial Sciences;
- GIS Programming – a Python programming unit, developing Python scripts for ArcGIS;
- Spatial Algorithms – examining the various different algorithms used when dealing with Spatial data and coding them up using Python; and
- Web Mapping – introduction to developing and deploying web based maps.
My previous teaching areas are:
- Object Oriented Development 501 – a Postgraduate Unit within the Masters of Information Systems looking at design and development using Object Oriented methods;
- Software Metrics 400 (formally Software Engineering Tools and Metrics 351/552) – a final year unit within the Software Engineering Bachelor’s Degree at Curtin University;
- Software Technology 151/551 (now Object Oriented Programming Design 100) – an introductory programming unit using Java;
- Programming 215 – a C programming unit within Mechatronics Engineering Degree; and
- Engineering Programming 104 – a C programming unit in the Computer and Electrical Engineering Degree.
At the University of Notre Dame Australia, Fremantle:
- CO230 Design for the Web. A web design unit within the Arts and Sciences School at Notre Dame Fremantle.
At Polytechnic West:
- Introduction to programming including:
- Java programming;
- PHP programming; and